The WATERNOMICS broad level objectives support the following project outcomes which are in line with the expected impacts of the work program:
- The introduction of demand response and accountability principles in the water sector.
- The engagement of consumers in new, interactive, and personalized ways that bring water efficiency to the forefront and lead to changes in water behaviour.
- Providing corporate decision makers and municipal area managers with decision support tools and methodologies to enact ICT-enabled water management programs.
- The promotion of ICT enabled water awareness to millions of people using airports, water utilities, and municipalities as pilot examples.
- New water pricing options and policy actions made possible by combining water availability and consumption data.
At the macro-level, shows project outcome benefits across the targeted stakeholder groups.